Are the ladies at this Albany marketing firm the only ones noticing that Pinterest has been BLOWING UP the past few months? OBVIOUSLY NOT! Â We have been getting many questions from fans and clients about what Pinterest is and how it can help their businesses. Â Well, luckily, we are here to give you some information on Pinterest as well as helpful statistics to help you understand how huge it is getting!
Simply put, Pinterest is a website full of images that can be used to create imagine boards of your favorite places, fashion styles, artists and anything else you could possibly think of. Â From do-it-yourself crafts to tropical locations, the website has it all there for your pinning pleasure. Â According to the Pinterest website:
PR Daily did a great piece about the staggering Pinterest stats that we had to share with you:
– Pinterest has 10.4 million registered users (and growing).
– According to AppData and Facebook, 97 percent of Pinterest users are women.
– American users of the social network spend an average of one hour and 17 minutes on the site, well ahead of Twitter (36 minutes), LinkedIn (17 minutes), and Google+ (six minutes).
– Top corporate Pinterest boards: Real Simple (34,517 followers), HGTV (17,824 followers), Nordstrom (9,886 followers), West Elm (11,547 followers), ModCloth (11,813 followers), Whole Foods (14,217 followers), Better Homes and Gardens (15,127 followers), Kate Spade (16,371 followers), Etsy (53,784 followers).
– The average Pinterest user spends 98 minutes per month on the site, compared to 2.5 hours on Tumblr, and seven hours on Facebook.
– Daily Pinterest users have increased by more than 145 percent since the beginning of 2012.
– More than one-fifth of Facebook-connected users are on Pinterest daily (which represents more than 2,000,000 members).
–Â In the U.K.,Â the majority of Pinterest users are male (56 percent male vs. 44 percent female).
Since Pinterest is stillÂ technicallyÂ in the beta stage ofÂ development, it is “Invite Only”, which means you need an invitation from a current user to get access to this quickly growing club. Â By making people vie for access to it, it creates mystery and a buzz by those who are not members- HELLO GENIUS MARKETING! Â Only last week did I get a frantic text from a friend “Send me a Pinterest invite NOW! I need to see what all the fuss is about!!” Â Estimated unique visitors to Pinterest.com increased by 429 percent from September to December 2011! Â HOLY GROWTH!
Blog Post Navigation... Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundationâ€™s PR Crisis and the Social Media Wildfire that FollowedHuggies PR Crisis: How to Do Damage Control with Daddies